Caribbean journal published an article about St. Vincent strengthening Cyber Security.
Internet adoption in the Caribbean is growing rapidly and so too are the threats and attacks.
- St Vincent and the Grenadines hosted a National cybersecurity symposium.
- the Symposium was held at the Frenches house, Sally Spring, Kingstown with many Eastern Caribbean nations.
- The symposium facilitated talks about Cyber Security issues and was geared towards developing a national approach to Cyber Security.
- These symposiums help to raise national awareness against new cyber threats.
- It is also important that persons from various sectors understand the purpose of knowing how to cope with the issue of Cyber Security.
- In 2018, it was staged to have a two-day symposium with professionals from all over to help highlight the issues in cybersecurity.
- Cyber criminals can affect any borders. So that’s why multiple stakeholders were involved.
Contributed by: Tahjay K. Thompson from Jamaica. Tahjay is a member of the CCST Discord group from the G5 Cyber Security Foundation Ltd. Learn more about CCST (Caribbean Cyber Support Team) by visiting caribbeancst.org. CCST is a collaborative group on the Discord platform for Caribbean people in IT, from beginners to experts.