Caribbean life published Article on March 21, 2014, about Jamaica getting help with developing National cybersecurity strategy.
So, OAS says it is assisting jamaica in developing of a national cybersecurity strategy.
- OAS says that an initiative will be coordinated with the ministry of science and technology.
- The visit was led by OAS security specialist with members from the commonwealth.
- Many suggestions were made in the development of a new strategy.
- Members were guided with working group sessions
- A three-day session was conducted to better assist in the development and adoption of the strategy.
- OAS secretary-general says that working with the government of jamaica was great.
- Many other Caribbean nations were already given support. Now, OAS hopes to continue.
- Jamaica minister of state says that information and communication technology as being one of the most important development.
- The move made with OAS/CICTE was geared towards strengthening cybersecurity.
- The organization was mandated to develop the cybersecurity sectors in member states and to help raise awareness.
- In 2013, it said that a total of 19 member states were given help.
Contributed by: Tahjay K. Thompson from Jamaica. Tahjay is a member of the CCST Discord group from the G5 Cyber Security Foundation Ltd. Learn more about CCST (Caribbean Cyber Support Team) by visiting caribbeancst.org. CCST is a collaborative group on the Discord platform for Caribbean people in IT, from beginners to experts.