Sightline published an article on December 13, 2017, about St. Vincent strengthening its cyber borders.
Here’s a summary:
- .St Vincent and the Grenadines became the latest Caribbean country to host a national cybersecurity symposium. The meeting drew participants from the Eastern Caribbean including Barbados and Grenada.
- The event organizers described it as the beginning of a new national about cybercrime issues and it is an important step towards framing a regional approach to cybersecurity.
- The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) is presently working with stakeholders in St. Vincent and the Grenadines to strengthen the country’s infrastructure.
- The two-day symposium highlighted the need to widen the cybersecurity conversation beyond the technical community to stakeholders such as law enforcers, academics, and young people.
- To tackle this, Shernon Osepa, Manager of Regional Affairs for Latin America and the Caribbean at the Internet Society, highlighted the impact of cybercrime on Caribbean businesses.
Contributed by Racquel Bailey from Jamaica. Racquel is a member of our Women in InfoSec Caribbean (WISC) initiative on Discord. WISC is a non-profit initiative supporting Caribbean women and girls to develop a career in Information Security. Learn more about WISC at wiscaribbean.org.