It’s alleged Acer has been hit with a Ransomware attack. Below are some key highlights:
- REvil is giving Acer until March 28th to pay the ransom or it will leak the data it claims to have collected.
- Microsoft recently released several security updates to fix vulnerabilities for exploits found in its Exchange software, but it wasn’t immediately clear whether the Acer breach was connected.
- Acer did not acknowledge whether it had been the victim of a ransomware attack, but a spokesperson said in an email to The Verge on Saturday that the company “routinely monitors its IT systems, and most cyberattacks are well defended.
- Companies like us are constantly under attack, and we have reported recent abnormal situations observed to the relevant law enforcement and data protection authorities in multiple countries.”
- The spokesperson added that the company could not provide further information: “As this is an ongoing investigation and for the sake of security, we are unable to comment on details.”