Curaçao Business Magazine posted an article on November 1, 2019, about cyber security lessons. Below are some key highlights:
- In a world increasingly driven by digital technologies and information, cyber threat management is more than just a strategic imperative, it is a fundamental part of doing business
- Every Business is VunerableA common myth is that cyber attacks only happen to certain types of organizations, such as high-profile technology businesses
- Credit card data is the new currency for hackers and criminals, and retailers possess a lot of it
- Cyber Risk RecognitionBeing resilient to cyber risks starts with awareness at the board, C-suite level, or upper management; recognition that at some point your organization will be attacked
- Who could potentially target your organization, and for what reasons? Which assets are attackers likely to view as most valuable? What are the possible scenarios for attack, and what is the potential impact to your business? Questions such as these can help determine how advanced and persistent the cyber threats to your business are likely to be.