here’s some information about Jamaica’s Cyber Incident Response Team (JaCIRT)
Established in 2015, Jamaica’s Cyber Incident Response Team (JaCIRT) was created to deliver the directive outlined in the GoJ National Cyber Security Strategy.
Key functions of Jamaica’s CIRT include:
- Creating a cyber security related policy and strategy.
- Creating standards to follow.
- Help in establishing cyber security legislations.
- Incident response and management.
- Monitoring websites and providing alerts.
- Creating training guides and technical documentation.
- Identifying external issues and how to minimise the risks.
- Conducting risks assessment on various institutions on reported risks.
- Performing educational sessions about new findings.
- Evaluate logs and digital content systems.
- Planning, designing, and executing Penetration Tests and security audits.
Contributed by: Tahjay k. Thompson from Jamaica. Tahjay is a member of the CCST Discord group from the G5 Cyber Security Foundation Ltd. Learn more about CCST (Caribbean Cyber Support Team) by visiting caribbeancst.org. CCST is a collaborative group on the Discord platform for Caribbean people in IT, from beginners to experts.