Ministry of National Security published a document titled Cybersecurity and Cybercrime.
Every minute on the hour, headlines surrounding Cybersecurity crimes are in an incremental state. Businesses warned of cyber blackmailing, a declaration made about the lost battle between UK and cybercrime and the list continues.
- Adam Palmer, Lead Cyber Security Advisor at Norton shared the bill tied to money lost by companies and individuals.
- Results show that these cybercrimes are being conducted by 16-year-old and older folks.
- Over the past year, it was reported that 24 countries had a total bill of USD $388 billion dollars. As of this day that bill continues to soar.
- In this document, it focuses on Cybersecurity, providing an overview of what it really means to be a victim of this act.
- The Cabinet of Inter-Ministerial Committee was established in March 2010 however they began operations in April 2011.
- Their role as a committee is to provide a strategical workflow that focuses on the awareness, best practices and provide educational opportunities to entities and individuals, especially to those that are at a higher risk of being targeted.
Contributed by Siobhan Wilson from Jamaica. Siobhan is a member of our Women in InfoSec Caribbean (WISC) initiative on Discord. WISC is a non-profit initiative supporting Caribbean women and girls to develop a career in Information Security.
If you’re a Caribbean woman or girl, learn more and join the group by visiting wiscaribbean.org.