Cayman News Service posted an article on April 29, 2016, about the Cayman Islands being under cyber attack. Below are some key highlights:
- As local telecommunications provider Flow issued another alert about phishing scams impacting its customers, the managing director of the Information & Communications Technology Authority warned that Cayman is being targeted by cyber criminals.
- Earlier this week Flow warned customers about an email purporting to be from LIME, its previous brand, regarding spam security issues which asked them to click on a link.
- The ICTA could not be certain of a connection, Alee Fa’amoe said that there were indications that a data breach last year on Ecay Trade could be linked to other recent cyber incidents
- “What we can say with all confidence is that the Cayman Islands are being targeted by cybercriminals.
- The ICTA boss, who has created CIRT-KY, a dedicated cyber security team at the authority, said the number and sophistication of the attacks has grown over the past year.